Venice Renaissance – 235 – 255 Main Street, Venice, CA 90291 – Venice Beach Condos for Sale
Venice Renaissance, built in 1989 & designed by Van Tilburg + Partners, boasts stylish units with step down living rooms, vaulted ceilings, loft areas, patios, fireplaces, inside laundry & some offer spectacular ocean views.
- Venice Renaissance features a large grassy area, sun deck, pool, spa and is only steps to the beach, yoga, Rose Cafe, Schatzi & all of the action on Main Street. The 4-story project contains 66 condominium units, 23 low-income rental apartments for the elderly and, at street level, 25,000 square feet of commercial space.
Santa Monica architect Johannes Van Tilburg, a principal of Van Tilburg Banvard & Soderbergh, said developing mixed use is harder than building conventional apartments because building variances are required in many cases and lenders generally are unfamiliar with the hybrid building type. He has developed a five-story building in downtown Santa Monica that has three apartments on the top floor.
Still, Van Tilburg added, “not only can housing and commercial activity coexist, but they create urban life, so it is worth the effort.”
Unlike Santa Monica, where zoning encourages the combination of commercial space and housing in a particular area of the city, zoning in Los Angeles presented a barrier to the construction of Venice Renaissance. City officials required 15 public hearings and an amendment to the city’s general plan before granting the developer a building permit. In 1991, the Los Angeles City Council approved an ordinance that made it easier for developers to gain approval for such projects.[idx-listings linkid=”291994″ showlargerphotos=”true”]
- Google has Expanded its Borders to Playa Vista | Huge Land Acquisition in Playa Vista
- The Mariners Village Renovation Project – Marina del Rey Real Estate
- Former postal distribution center near Marina del Rey sells for $44,000,000.00
- Live/Work Condos in Culver City – New Construction Right on Washington Blvd.
- 28 Driftwood #A, Marina del Rey Ocean View Townhome for Sale on the Peninsula – Marina del Rey Real Estate
- Current Income & Multi-Family Properties for Sale in Marina del Rey and Venice – Westside Real Estate
- Sales in Marina del Rey for the Month of March – Marina del Rey Real Estate
- Marina del Rey Latitude 33 Ocean View Penthouse for Sale – Marina del Rey Condos