Marina del Rey’s Esprit Apartment Complex Sells for $225 million – 13900 Marquesas Way
The Esprit aparment complex in Marina del Rey sold for $225,000,000. This sale marks one of the largest real estate deals of the year in Southern California.
Miscikowski is the widow of developer Douglas R. Ring, who was one of Marina del Rey’s largest property leaseholders and apartment owners. His company completed the Esprit in 2008 on land it leased from Los Angeles County.
The new owners have assumed the land lease and will start work on $5.3 million worth of improvements to the Esprit.
- Marina del Rey lies on 400 acres of unincorporated land in Los Angeles County. In recent years, county officials have mounted a push to spruce up the neighborhood around the public marina that was dedicated in 1965. The land there remains owned by the county, which has urged leaseholders to upgrade their restaurants, shopping centers, hotels and apartments in the hope of creating a more dynamic community.
“We absolutely believe the marina has a tremendous amount of upside and are very excited about this opportunity,” he said. “We perceive this to be the premier property there in terms of location and quality of the units.”
The 18-acre Esprit site has five buildings and a marina with 227 boat slips available for rent.
- Marina del Rey’s Fisherman’s Village May be Getting a Major Facelift!!
- Marina del Rey
- Former postal distribution center near Marina del Rey sells for $44,000,000.00
- Google has Expanded its Borders to Playa Vista | Huge Land Acquisition in Playa Vista
- Marina del Rey 4th of JULY! Come out and CELEBRATE!
- Azzurra – 13700 Marina Pointe – Marina del Rey Luxury Condos
- 4108 Del Rey Avenue – New Apartments Under Construction in Marina del Rey
- Adjoining Owners are Equally Responsible for Shared Fences Between Properties