Google has Expanded its Borders to Playa Vista | Huge Land Acquisition in Playa Vista
Google has expanded from Venice to Playa Vista.., Silicon Beach is in the house!
According to a few local experts, Google paid approximately $120 million on 12 vacant acres next to the infamous Spruce Goose hangar. The acreage is commercially zoned and ready for up to 900,000 sq.ft. of studios, offices and up to 6,500 employees. Word on the street is that Google is also looking to lease the Spruce Goose hangar which totals 319,000 sq.ft. from Hercules Campus Group.
“This is phenomenal news for the Westside and for the Los Angeles economy,” said City Councilman Mike Bonin, who represents the Playa Vista area. “It really makes and brands Playa Vista as the tech and innovation capital of Los Angeles.”
A few years ago, Google had increased its socal presence by opening a campus in Venice, where it leased 100,000 sq.ft. in three buildings… One of those buildings is the Binoculars Building, a three-story office on Main Street designed by architect Frank Gehry.will continue to rent the 69,000-square-foot Binoculars Building
Last year Microsoft Corp. opened an approximately 20,000-sq.ft. space in Playa Vista to house 130 employees who had previously been in downtown L.A. Facebook Inc. has operations nearby. The neighborhood is blowing up and boasts the headquarters of online advertising platform Rubicon Project, consumer electronics and accessories maker Belkin International and ICANN, the nonprofit organization that is responsible for assigning domain names.
Lincoln, one of the largest commercial developers in Playa Vista, built five office buildings including a new West Coast headquarters for big-screen cinema purveyor Imax Corp. that is under construction next door to the new Google property. Lincoln is also building the Runway, a $260-million retail, housing and office project that will become the commercial heart of Playa Vista when it opens early next year. Other developers are in the process of building an additional 2,600 housing units.
Playa Vista is on an incredible roll and is becoming one of the best tech campuses in the WORLD.
Search for Playa Vista Condos: Click Here
- Lot Size2,469 sqftHome Size3,639 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths5 bathsYear Built2017Days on Market22
- Lot Size2,330 sqftHome Size3,639 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths5 bathsYear Built2018Days on Market42
- Lot Size3,480 sqftHome Size4,288 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths5 bathsYear Built0Days on Market54
- Lot Size3,497 sqftHome Size4,288 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths5 bathsYear Built0Days on Market124
- Lot Size4,098 sqftHome Size4,494 sq ftBeds5 bedsBaths7 bathsYear Built0Days on Market145
- Lot Size3,929 sqftHome Size3,178 sq ftBeds4 bedsBaths5 bathsYear Built2011Days on Market167
- Lot Size1.45 acHome Size2,376 sq ftBeds3 bedsBaths4 bathsYear Built2002Days on Market188
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 1/22/2019)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
- Former postal distribution center near Marina del Rey sells for $44,000,000.00
- The Mariners Village Renovation Project – Marina del Rey Real Estate
- Best Restaurants of the Westside – Let’s EAT
- Firestone Walker Brewing Company is Coming to Marina del Rey
- Guidance in Marina del Rey was Named One of the “Best Places to Work” in Los Angeles
- Ocean Front Penthouse Pocket Listing at 1 Catamaran in Marina del Rey | Open Sunday 2:00 to 5:00
- Steel Lofts
- Steel Lofts on Beach in Marina del Rey Lofts District – 13320 Beach