Zillow baked into Google Now | Inman News
Zillow baked into Google Now
By Inman News, Wednesday, February 13, 2013.
The biggest name in search has teamed up with the Internet’s most popular real estate portal.
Zillow is now powering real estate search and listings for Google Now, an intelligent personal assistant that’s an extension of Google’s search app for mobile devices running on the Android operating system.
When users enter keyword search terms that indicate they are home shopping, or make frequent visits to real estate sites, a new Zillow “card” for Google Now provides information on nearby homes for sale and open houses.
While users are attending open houses, Google Now will identify their location and automatically pull additional information about the home.
“This is a glimpse into a not-too-distant future where ‘search’ — with its form fields, drop-downs, filters and work — seems as insane as pulling over to use a pay phone,” said Brian Boero of marketing, design and strategy consulting firm 1000watt, in a blog post. “What you want will come to you in context because you have, through actions passive and deliberate, taught a big brain in the sky a little bit about who you are.”
The partnership between Zillow and Google “scrambles” assumptions about listing syndication, Boero said. For years, brokers have thought about providing listings to sites like Zillow, Trulia and Realtor.com as feeding websites or mobile apps that compete with their own, he said.Article continues below
“But no broker has a Google Now,” Boero noted. Still, as third-party listing portals take listings into new territory, Boero thinks they need brokers more than ever.
“As the listings pipeline extends into new territory there is more of it to sabotage,” he said.
Nevertheless, Boero says to stay tuned for similar developments. Apple, for instance, might look for a partner to incorporate real estate into the iOS operating system.
Contact Inman News: Letter to the Editor
All rights reserved. This content may not be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever, in part or in whole, without written permission of Inman News. Use of this content without permission is a violation of federal copyright law.
- Download My Marina del Rey Real Estate Search App
- View every Single Family, Condo, Loft and Townhome Home for Sale in Marina del Rey – Marina del Rey Real Estate – MDR Condos
- Single Family Homes for Sale in Marina del Rey – Marina del Rey Real Estate
- Warren Buffett: I’d Buy Up ‘A Couple Hundred Thousand’ Single-Family Homes – Marina del Rey Real Estate – MDR Condos
- Azzurra – 13700 Marina Pointe – Marina del Rey Luxury Condos
- Latitude 33 Townhome for Sale | 310 Washington Blvd. #105
- Marina del Rey Latitude 33 Ocean View Penthouse for Sale – Marina del Rey Condos
- Marina del Rey Lofts – MDR Lofts