Interested in living on the historic Venice Canals? Check out the current inventory available:
The Venice Canal District is known for its man-made canals built in 1905 by developer Abbot Kinney as part of his Venice of America plan. Kinney sought to recreate the appearance and feel of Venice, Italy. The canals are bounded by Eastern Court on the east, Court A on the south, Strongs Dr. on the west, and Court E on the north. There are four east-west canals (Carroll Canal, Linnie Canal, Howland Canal, and Sherman Canal) and two north-south canals (Eastern Canal and Grand Canal). As soon as the car gained in popularity, the canals were viewed by many as outdated, and the bulk of the canals were filled in 1929 to create roads. By 1940, the remaining canals had fallen into disrepair, and the sidewalks were condemned by the city. The canal district remained in poor condition for more than 40 years, as numerous proposals to renovate the canals failed due to lack of funding, environmental concerns, and disputes as to who should bear the financial responsibility. The canals were finally renovated in 1992, with the canals being drained and new sidewalks and walls being built. The residential district surrounding the remaining canals was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. (Gotta love WIKIPEDIA)
- American Horror Story Property in Hancock Park is in Ecrow! Not Every Great Property is in Marina del Rey!
- The Mariners Village Renovation Project – Marina del Rey Real Estate
- Current Income & Multi-Family Properties for Sale in Marina del Rey and Venice – Westside Real Estate
- Princeton Lofts in Marina del Rey – Great Urban Lofts w/ Lots of Different Floor-plans Available
- New Ocean View Listing in Marina del Rey | 21 Quarterdeck #2
- Open Houses this Weekend in Marina del Rey – Marina del Rey Real Estate
- Welcome to 2014 Marina del Rey (and future Marina del Rey residents)!!
- Search for all sorts of Properties in Marina del Rey | For Sale and For Lease