Redondo Beach Kayaker Paddles and Swims with a Blue Whale ~ Love California!
The Blue Whales are Calling for Attention
Apparently this has been a long and incredible blue whale season off Southern California, with close encounters from the shore and on boats, and from stand-up paddleboards and kayaks.
The video below, off Dana Point, let’s you see what it would be like to be up close and personal with a blue whale. This guy on a stand-up paddleboard was just a few feet away when the big Blue saluted its broad fluke and went down. The latest great clip, though it’s long and unedited (pay attention to the beginning and the 1:15 and 2:15 marks), was posted recently to YouTube by a user named MrRJCtube. That video is in the upper right corner of this page!
From a kayak he captured surface lunge-feeding while filimg with what presumably was a helmet camera. He also dove below the surface and enjoyed incredibly close approaches with a gargantuan blue whale.
Days after posting the video he shared this comment on his YouTube channel: “I’d like to take a moment to state that I don’t recommend, endorse or in any way want to encourage anyone to try and swim with these whales. The whales are large, unpredictable animals and potentially dangerous.”
It was a treasured experience, for sure. But was it wise for him to get so close?
- Marina del Rey Skatepark – The Dog Bowl
- Incredible Surf Footage of Mikala Jones!!!!!!!!!
- Russian Billionaire Roman Abramovich’s Mega Yacht ‘Luna’ was off the Coast of Marina Del Rey Labor Day Weekend
- Marina del Rey Ocean Front Properties for Sale
- A Look Inside Del Rey Terrace in Marina del Rey | Marina del Rey Condos
- Latitude 33 Townhome for Sale | 310 Washington Blvd. #105
- Warren Buffett: I’d Buy Up ‘A Couple Hundred Thousand’ Single-Family Homes – Marina del Rey Real Estate – MDR Condos
- Steel Lofts on Beach in Marina del Rey Lofts District – 13320 Beach