Marina del Rey’s Oxford Retention Basin Multi-Use Enhancement Project
Oxford Basin Enhancement Project
The Oxford Basin in Marina del Rey is getting a complete makeover which unfortunately took the non-native surrounding trees to the Rainbow Bridge. However, the project will turn the catch water basin into a trophy locale. The Basin was built for flood control in 1959 since several of the streets and properties in the area surrounding Oxford Basin are near or below the high tide level in the marina. If the basin weren’t there these neighborhoods could possibly flood during a rainy season (ahhh rain, we really need some more of you.).
The project is slated to improve the water quality and surrounding habitat by bringing back over 45,000 native plants and trees, removal of a ton of contaminated soil and improve water filtration and oxygen levels. The project is estimated at $12 million as of January 2015.
Click here to view what is in store:
Check out the other projects underway in the Marina: click here
- Hello ~ 你好 ~ Bonjour ~ שלום ~ नमस्ते ~ Ciao ~ こんにちは ~ Olá ~ Привет ~ Hej ~ Merhaba ~ مدد
- American Horror Story Property in Hancock Park is in Ecrow! Not Every Great Property is in Marina del Rey!
- The Mariners Village Renovation Project – Marina del Rey Real Estate
- Innove Condos in Marina del Rey are on the Market – New Construction Marina del Rey
- Villa Vallarta
- Marina del Rey’s Water Taxi is Back on June 18th, 2015
- Single Family Homes for Sale in the Golden Triangle of Marina del Rey
- Firestone Walker Brewing Company is Coming to Marina del Rey