Marina del Rey Silver Strand CC & R’s – HOA Documents for the Neighborhood – Marina del Rey Real Estate
Marina del Rey Silver Strand HOA Bylaws
Marina del Rey Silver Strand CC&R’s
Silver Strand Marina HOA Website
The Strand–a sliver of land two blocks wide and 10 blocks long wedged between the Venice Peninsula and Marina del Rey–was quietly been transformed from an ugly, scarred and pitted oil field into an architecturally eclectic mix of multilevel, multi-million-dollar single-family homes.
“The area looks like a movie set,” said Santa Monica architect Marshall Lewis, who has designed five houses on the Silver Strand.
Indeed, the combination of big houses of many styles crammed together on small lots gives the area a slightly unreal, movie-backdrop appearance. The impression is enhanced by the serene Ballona Lagoon–home to a surprising variety of shore birds–which many of the homes face.
- Homes in the interior of the Strand are separated by landscaped malls. One of the remaining footbridges built by Abbot Kinney, the father of Venice, crosses the lagoon to connect the Strand with the Venice Peninsula and beach.
Despite the traffic and noise of adjacent Marina del Rey’s restaurants and crowded apartment complexes, the area remains a hideaway. Most days on the Strand are free of either vehicular or pedestrian traffic.
It is that insulation, with proximity to urban Los Angeles, that has made the area attractive to working professionals.
“This is the last area other than Malibu in which you can have a large single-family home and still walk to the beach,” he said. “Yet it’s closer to everything.”
The Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&Rs) are the governing legal documents that set up the guidelines for the operation of the planned community as a non-profit corporation. The CC&Rs have been recorded with the L.A. County recorder’s office and are included as part of the title to your property. Failure to abide by the CC&Rs may result in a fine to a homeowner by the Association. The governing legal documents for the association may be viewed online within the Resource Center page of this site.
The Bylaws are the guidelines for the operation of the non-profit corporation. The Bylaws define the duties of the various offices of the Board of Directors, the terms of the Directors, the membership’s voting rights, required meetings and notices of meetings, and the principal office of the Association, as well as other specific items that are necessary to run the Association as a business. The Bylaws for the association may be viewed online within the Resource Center page of this site.
View Marina del Rey Silver Strand in a larger map
Silver Strand Properties for Sale: (Click here to search other parts of the Marina)[idx-listings linkid=”286953″ count=”10″ showlargerphotos=”true”]
- Have a SPOOKY Halloween in Marina del Rey!!
- Marina del Rey
- Warren Buffett: I’d Buy Up ‘A Couple Hundred Thousand’ Single-Family Homes – Marina del Rey Real Estate – MDR Condos
- Marina del Rey Ocean Front Properties for Sale
- The Mariners Village Renovation Project – Marina del Rey Real Estate
- Marina del Rey Family Compound in the Villa Marina East IV Complex – 2 Townhomes Across the Street from Each Other – Marina del Rey Real Estate
- Marina del Rey Skatepark – The Dog Bowl
- Meet Tom Selleck | Marina del Rey’s Water Bowl Dog of the Day