Marina del Rey Residents to Call for Creation of New Park ~ Tonight at 6:00
The lot at Marquesas Way and Via Marina is included in a development proposal from Legacy Partners, which plans to upgrade the nearby Neptune Marina apartment complex and add 126 units to the parking lot.
Some residents argue the lot should become a park, as envisioned in 1996 land-use documents analyzing how additional open space would help offset the effects of new residential development.
County officials previously told the Daily Breeze the park space isn’t being wiped off the map, but would be incorporated into another project in the marina.
Marina activist Carla Andrus is urging the California Coastal Commission to require the park instead of allowing a developer to utilize the space.
“This is a violation of public trust and we want our park,” she said in a statement.”
- Marina del Rey’s Fisherman’s Village May be Getting a Major Facelift!!
- “Wetland” Park Progress Update
- Hello ~ 你好 ~ Bonjour ~ שלום ~ नमस्ते ~ Ciao ~ こんにちは ~ Olá ~ Привет ~ Hej ~ Merhaba ~ مدد
- Marina del Rey’s Oxford Retention Basin Multi-Use Enhancement Project
- Marina del Rey’s Esprit Apartment Complex Sells for $225 million – 13900 Marquesas Way
- Marina Del Rey Holiday Boat Parade hosted by Kerry Walsh Jennings – 50th Year Anniversary – Burton Chase Park – Marina del Rey
- Marina del Rey 4th of JULY! Come out and CELEBRATE!
- Summer Activities in Marina del Rey