Marina del Rey Outrigger Canoe Club Off-Season
Come out and try your hand at paddling with the Marina del Rey Outrigger Canoe Club…. Go Marina!!
The off season is upon us and it’s the perfect time to give this incredible sport a try. I recently completed my novice season and had an absolute blast… not to mention won a ton of medals!
2017 recreational season started September 30!
- Every Saturday at 8am beginning Sep 30, 2017
- Location: Mother’s Beach, Marina del Rey (Palawan Way)
- Who: Adults and teens 13 years +
- What: Learn beginner basics of 6 people paddling together in one of our Hawaiian style canoes
- How Much: First time paddlers pay $10 per session
Check out more info here —-> http://www.gomarinaoutrigger.org/
Paddling with the club and competing in races is such a great way to explore what Marina del Rey is all about. You get to race up and down the channels and head out to the open sea and battle through waves. I’d say one of my favorite races from the season was paddling from Newport to Catalina. Here are a few pics:
- Howard Hughes and the History of the Marina City Club – Marina del Rey Condos
- Christmas Boat Parade in Marina del Rey 2014
- Summer Activities in Marina del Rey
- Marina del Rey Farmers Market – Mother’s Beach Parking Lot Every Thursday 9:00 – 2:00
- Sail Away in Marina del Rey | Local Sailing Groups to Check Out
- “Wetland” Park Progress Update
- Just Sold – 4778 La Villa Marina #K, Marina del Rey
- Marina del Rey’s Oxford Retention Basin Multi-Use Enhancement Project