Marina Del Rey Holiday Boat Parade hosted by Kerry Walsh Jennings – 50th Year Anniversary – Burton Chase Park – Marina del Rey
The parade started in 1963 when there were only about 100 boats docked in Marina del Rey with just a handful of residents decorating their boats. NOW our boat parade attracts hundreds of boaters in its 50th year.
The 2012 parade will take place on Dec. 8 from 6 to 8 p.m. and will start off with a fireworks display. People can view the parade from Burton Chace Park, Fisherman’s Village or several restaurants along the Marina.
“The Marina del Rey boat parade is a favorite tradition that showcases the community’s creativity and holiday spirit,” Beverly Moore, executive director of the Marina del Rey Convention and Visitors Bureau, said in a statement.
Parade judges will give out awards for categories including best theme, best music and best animation. The route will circle the Marina del Rey harbor at least three times. To enter the race, fill out the participant form.
- Christmas Boat Parade in Marina del Rey 2014
- Marina del Rey Boat Parade – 51st Annual MDR Christmas Boat Show
- Marina del Rey
- Qualifying for a Mortgage will be Harder in 2014 So Refinance Now – Marina del Rey Real Estate
- R1 Brownstones
- Howard Hughes and the History of the Marina City Club – Marina del Rey Condos
- Have a SPOOKY Halloween in Marina del Rey!!
- Marina del Rey’s Esprit Apartment Complex Sells for $225 million – 13900 Marquesas Way