Hahn Announces $5.4 Million for Marina del Rey Channel Project – Marina del Rey Real Estate – MDR Condos
Washington, D.C. – This afternoon Congresswoman Janice Hahn (CA-36) announced the Army Corps of Engineers will provide $5,476,070 in funding to dredge the channel entrance at Marina del Rey. The marina houses key Federal and local first responders including the U.S. Coast Guard, Los Angeles County Sheriff, County Fire, search and rescue, and emergency response operations for Los Angeles County.
“By acting quickly and working together, we have seized an opportunity to dredge the channel and save money,” noted Rep. Hahn. “This channel is critical to boats and the numerous emergency and Coast Guard vessels that use the channel to serve Los Angeles County. I’m very happy the Army Corps was receptive to our message and as a result the channel will be properly dredged for the first time in 11 years.”
In November of last year, Congresswoman Hahn wrote Assistant Secretary of the Army for Civil Works asking the Army Corps to move quickly on funding the project as it coincides with another project at the Port of Long Beach resulting in much lower costs.
“I’ve been working on this project in Marina del Rey for a long time, coordinating with our beach cities, the Port of Long Beach and federal agencies to find a solution that addresses the safety needs of our boaters and first-responders,” said Los Angeles County Supervisor Don Knabe. “I want to thank Congresswoman Hahn for her support and the Army Corps of Engineers for their cooperation in understanding how important this project is to Los Angeles County. All levels of government are facing tight budgets and I appreciate the great partnership that local and federal officials have shown in meeting this critical regional need. It’s been a long time coming and I’m thrilled that we have found an environmentally sound solution that saves millions of dollars, while protecting lives.”
In addition to dredging the channel, contaminated sediment will be removed from the channel. This sediment has been cleared for use in the Middle Harbor Project at the Port of Long Beach, thereby greatly reducing the costs associated with dredging and disposal of sediment.
- Innove Condos in Marina del Rey are on the Market – New Construction Marina del Rey
- AMLI Marina Luxury Apartments are set to Replace Bar Harbor in Marina del Rey
- Steel Lofts on Beach in Marina del Rey Lofts District – 13320 Beach
- FHA mortgage premium to rise on April 1 – Marina del Rey Real Estate
- Marina del Rey Ocean Front Properties for Sale
- Marina del Rey Lofts – MDR Lofts
- Warren Buffett: I’d Buy Up ‘A Couple Hundred Thousand’ Single-Family Homes – Marina del Rey Real Estate – MDR Condos
- Lady Lola was Docked in Marina del Rey – Marina del Rey Mega Yachts