The ‘American Horror Story’ Haunted Mansion – 1120 Westchester Place is for sale: $5,850,000 – Don’t Get Spooked by the Market! Marina del Rey Real Estate
1120 WESTCHESTER PLACE – HANCOCK PARK
Want to live in the house that serves as the setting for American Horror Story? It includes a grand ballroom, Tiffany light fixtures and more than a handful of bedrooms…… minus the psychotic spirits.
The actual house, is without a doubt its own character in the series given that anyone who dies there remains trapped on the property.
- If you want to own this antique pad, it is currently available for $5,850,000 (see listing details below)
1120 Westchester Place, also known as the Alfred F. Rosenheim Mansion, was built in 1908 and features six bedrooms, five bathrooms, six vintage tile fireplaces, massive basement and approximately 15,000 square feet on a 3/4 acre lot complete with a private forest. The personal Forest, with brick steps, walls, and concrete walkways, leads you through a forest of 120′ tall Deodora Pine Trees, which are the last remaining trees of the original Los Angeles Country Club. White and Black Fig trees, Apple trees, Loquat and Avocado trees adorn the forest, as well as other plants. There is plenty of room for a Tennis court, pool and spa, underground parking structure and much more.
Alfred Faist Rosenheim designed numerous other historical properties in Los Angeles including the Doheny Mansion. In 1902 he built the Horror House as his personal residence.
The Horror House also has a state of the art recording studio with:
- 64 Track Professional Recording Studio
- Post Production Studio
- Internet Radio Broadcast Studio
- Studio can accommodate 200+ guests
- The income from the studio and films can be in the $200-350,000 range yearly.
Annual taxes, transferred to the new owner, are in the $8k range, under the Mills Act.
All I can hope for is that whomever buys the property, will allow the show to film……..
UPDATE: Horror House is temporarily off the market. Contact us for more details:
We're sorry, but we couldn't find MLS # 12610439 in our database. This property may be a new listing or possibly taken off the market. Please check back again...
- American Horror Story Property in Hancock Park is in Ecrow! Not Every Great Property is in Marina del Rey!
- Azzurra – 13700 Marina Pointe – Marina del Rey Luxury Condos
- Former postal distribution center near Marina del Rey sells for $44,000,000.00
- Marina del Rey’s Oxford Retention Basin Multi-Use Enhancement Project
- Best Restaurants of the Westside – Let’s EAT
- Marina Del Rey Holiday Boat Parade hosted by Kerry Walsh Jennings – 50th Year Anniversary – Burton Chase Park – Marina del Rey
- Marina del Rey Real Estate & Marina del Rey Homes That Sold In December
- Google has Expanded its Borders to Playa Vista | Huge Land Acquisition in Playa Vista