A Waterkeeper Alliance SPLASH Event to benefit Santa Monica Baykeeper
SATURDAY, APRIL 21, 2012 9:00am – 2:00pm SANTA MONICA BEACH just north of the Santa Monica Pier
Make a SPLASH as you discover and celebrate all the ways you can have fun on, in, or by the water! By participating in a Waterkeeper SPLASH event, you and your local Waterkeeper organization are supporting the value and importance of your local waterways and helping to conserve one of our most important natural resources: CLEAN WATER.
The Waterkeeper Alliance SPLASH Event Series, presented nationally by Toyota in partnership with national founding sponsor, Keen, is a national event program that engages local citizens and clean-water enthusiasts in water-based activities like swimming, paddling or boating. Whether you are an elite athlete or a beginner, you and your local Waterkeeper will find a way to make a SPLASH with these activities.
- Santa Monica Baykeeper Marine Programs Outreach booth
- Santa Monica Baykeeper Stormwater Sampling Demonstration booth
- Kids Education Circle with watershed model, and marine discovery boxes
- Waterkeeper Alliance information booth
- Clean Water Act Anniversary speakers featuring special remarks by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.
- Various clean water org outreach booths
- Yoga on the beach & on the water
- Stand Up Paddleboard Demos & Lessons
- Pre-Race Clinic
- 5 Mile Elite Race
- 1 Mile Fun Race
|8:00am||Pre-event registration opens|
|9:00am – 2pm||SUP Expo & board demos, Clean Water Outreach booths,
Kid’s Activities open and Blessing, DJs SYCONS & Beach Cleanup
|9:00am||Long Course Race Meeting|
|9:30am||The Long Course (5 Miles)|
|11:00am – 12pm||Clean Water Act Anniversary Speakers featuring special remarks by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.|
|11:00am||Pre-Race Meeting (1 Mile)|
|11:30am||Open Age-group Fun Race|
|12:00pm||Contestant Lunch and Clean Water Guest Speakers|