Bike Lane Installation Underway on Main Street in Venice
Main Street in Venice is going on a “road diet” and today crews began the work of removing one car lane in each direction to make room for new bike lanes. The new bike lanes will run between Windward Circle and Marine Street at the Santa Monica border.
“Councilman Bill Rosendahl, who represents the district and chairs the council’s Transportation Committee, said the project will likely cause some traffic back-ups during rush hour, but will be mitigated by the center turning lane,” notes City News Service.
The project involves the re-striping of the lanes, and does not affect parking lanes. The work will be done by the L.A. Department of Transit, and is expected to cost just over $50,000.
The bike lanes on Main took just about a year to become reality, after a proposal was first presented in January of last year.
- Marina del Rey Latitude 33 Ocean View Penthouse for Sale – Marina del Rey Condos
- Innove Condos in Marina del Rey are on the Market – New Construction Marina del Rey
- Steel Lofts on Beach in Marina del Rey Lofts District – 13320 Beach
- Download My Marina del Rey Real Estate Search App
- Lofts Available in the Gallery Lofts Complex in Marina del Rey’s Loft District – Marina del Rey Condos – firstname.lastname@example.org
- AMLI Marina Luxury Apartments are set to Replace Bar Harbor in Marina del Rey
- FHA mortgage premium to rise on April 1 – Marina del Rey Real Estate
- “Wetland” Park Progress Update